Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Meals Made Easy Introduction

At about 7 years old I started cooking , My mom taught my siblings and I how to cook by simply telling us what to do, starting off with easy sandwiches and lunch items like  grilled cheese & tomato soup working up to pastas and oven roasted chicken by the time I was ten years old my siblings and I would cook  Thanksgiving and Christmas meals feeding family and friends all on our own. As I got older I continued to learn more and more about food and cooking via books some of my friends parents  and the internet , After  moving  in with   my  first roommate I noticed she  would  watch me cook and ask tons of questions about how and what I was doing , realizing she  had never cooked a meal in her whole life after  I tried teaching  her over the phone how to make frozen ravioli and it not working out so well   I figured the poor thing could probably manage to burn frosted flakes if  left alone in the kitchen and I decided to teach her a few simple meals in hopes that our apartment wouldn't burn to the ground, After about a week I managed to teach her: Spaghetti  Pot Roast and Oven Roasted chicken  with zero fear of smoke inhalation and or a giant blaze of fire she was  free to enter our kitchen without a supervisor and ended up making some amazing dinners  she told  many of our coworkers and her friends  shortly after  my  phone started ringing off the hook for help in the kitchen and thats pretty much how I got started teaching my not so kitchen friendly friends how to cook. I really should have started this  blog years ago. In hopes to reach a larger audience and maybe help some strangers like I've been helping my friends all these years I finally broke down and created this blog  I will be posting recipes , videos , basic cooking advice and  my kooky opinion on food networks and show fell free to ask any questions and post comments .  I hope this blog helps people fall in love with cook and feeding people they love as much as I do.  

1 comment: